Only If I Could - A Review by Susan Moffat

Welcome to Read, Review, Love! This time I’m reviewing a book of poetry called Only If I Could by poet JAnn Bowers.
  
 
 
 
Book Cover of Only If I Could

Amazon Book Description

Poetry the sweet sounds of its words, the imagery, the rhyme, the rhythm, the poet itself all blends into harmony of the universe. Poetry is an art form on which opens the mind of the poet and reader with a strong connection to what is. I try to manipulate my reader into feeling what is and what I am drawing. If I accomplish this then my job is done and I move onto my next drawing of words. Each word I use must represent the what is, the how is and the objective of. To be the poet, one must be the poem to be able to connect with their readers, if one cannot be the poet nor the poem, then it’s not poetry. When I write or read poetry, I must be able to feel some type of explosion in my veins, like what I would imagine a bullet would feel like, then I know it’s good. When I don’t feel this explosion, then it must not be, at least not poetry. Poetry is all just a formation of art made from words that trickle down from the poet’s mind to create a masterpiece of emotions.

A Poet of Many Words
Frustration boils when pen and paper don’t meet
Anger settles in the veins
Darkness fills the soul
Why? Why? Why?
Do they not see I need just pen and paper to please me, nothing more
Just fancy words entwine my soul
Kneeling at the altar
Busting my world into pieces as the sweet sounds Of rhythm and rhyme
Oh hell, I am just a poet of many words!

My Review


I really enjoyed reading Only If I Could by JAnn Bowers.

This beautifully presented book of poetry deals with love at its worst, and love at its best. I found the poetry to be incredibly moving.


I particularly enjoyed Knotted, Only If I Could, and Cracked Window, and I appreciated the final section of the book with extra poetry.

I’d recommend this book to anyone that enjoys well-written poetry. I’m looking forward to reading more of her work in the future.

You can find this book of poetry on Amazon.
 

More Book Reviews


For more book reviews visit Read, Review, Love!

Comments

  1. Thank you Susan for the wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Alfonso the Tortoise Book Sample

Alfonso and the Prickly Visitor Free Colouring Pages

Free Colouring Pages of Alfonso and the Monster