Being An Author: Questions From A Young Reader

Recently, one of my young readers asked me several questions about being an author. I thought that you may find the questions and answers interesting.

How do you get your books published?

There are a number of ways that you can get your books published. The main ways are by sending your book to a publisher or by publishing yourself. There may be other options, although I don't know about them.

A Self Published Paperback and E-Book
A Self Published Paperback and E-Book
With the first option you send your books to publishers (one at a time) and see if they are interested in your book. They will then do a lot of the hard work for you, although you will probably be expected to edit your book. This means making improvements so that the book is the best it can possibly be.
Alternatively, you can decide to publish yourself (this is called self publishing).I decided to publish the books myself.

Do you have to do it on computer?

It is always a good idea to write up your book onto a computer. That way you have digital copies either to send to a publisher or to turn into an e-book or paperback yourself.
I had to use the computer to create a file to put on the Amazon website, which Amazon converted into an e-book. I also had to use the computer to create the paperback version, so that Amazon could print it.
However, you can pay for other people to do this for you, even if you are self publishing.

Is it hard to think of ideas?

I find it very easy to think of ideas. I think that is because I read a lot of books, and also watch a lot of fantasy and science-fiction television. It is good to have the habit of writing down any ideas that come to you, even if they don't seem that good. You never know which idea will turn into a story.
Sometimes I have very interesting dreams, which I then write down.

Are you happy to have a book published?

Yes I'm very happy to have a book published. I can't wait to get the 2nd one published and I’m busy doing the illustrations for the 2nd book now.

Are you allowed to write as many books as you want?

Yes, the only limit is your imagination.

Do you like being an author?

Yes. But it is a lot of hard work.

Are you happy to see people reading and buying your books?

It is very exciting and rewarding when you know that people are enjoying your work.

Comments

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Alfonso the Tortoise Book Sample

Alfonso and the Prickly Visitor Free Colouring Pages

Free Colouring Pages of Alfonso and the Monster